Thursday, February 10, 2011

So far, so good

So i had a blog long time ago, but did nothing with it. Blogs came and went, and today, "social" is the buzzword. Protocols have been superseded by applications owned by companies. Some oldies say they are just enhanced, distributes and graphical version of old Unix comands. I agree, the network os slowly unleashing the power of the Unix personal machine.

And I write this from a Mac, running some Unix flavour, not bsd, not sysv ... who remembers that? Who the hell cares.

Ah! ... last week IANA ran out of ipv4 addresses, gave the last slasheights to the regional registries and celebrated. Jon Postel didn't live to see it, I guess Joyce Reynolds was there. So ipv6, the poster boy of newfangled gurus is slowly coming to us.

So many things changed since the first post!

Looking back, I use tweeter now. Don't have the time to sit down and write. All the scribbled notes in paper never made it to the blog, so, the Blackberry with company paid flatrate connected me more, and allowed me to engage in connected activities while commuting. That's why tweeter makes it ideal, with the small keyboards on the run, to cry and publish those mental sparks.

Blogger got bought. So many did. Aw, anyway. Give it another run, so I can say I have been blogging since 2004, but had my 24 hours running linux box connected since 1995.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home